Mobile Library App
Your Library customers are used to 24/7 access from a smart device to all types of information and services: are they able to access your library resources too from their mobile devices? Mobilizing the library experience is essential – the number of mobile users today is greater than the number of desktop users!
Elegant, intuitive interfaceToday’s users demand leading edge and elegantly designed apps that follow expected consumer models rather than a traditional library-centric model. Powered and backed by SOLUS who has over a decade of experience in providing mobile apps to libraries, we have partnered to offer Canadian Convergent library customers a superior CMS integrated and driven library app solution. Compatible with Apple and Android devices, it is efficient for users to download (under 10MBs!).
Through the Library app you can communicate to users about:
- Newly Arrived Items
- Urgent Messages and Announcements in case of closures due to inclement weather
- Library news on new programs, events, opportunities that are available
- Check out and in items in the library using their phone (RFID and barcode supported)
- Write a book review
- Create and manage personal lists of catalogue items or events
- Track their own reading behavior
- Download and read eBooks and listen to eAudiobooks
- Renew and place Holds on items
- Review their Account and fees
- Link children’s accounts to a parent’s account for ease of use
- Toggle interface language
Through the integrated Content Management System, authorized staff can define and update elements and features such as:
- Branding (logo and colour scheme)
- Hours of operation and days closed
- Showcase up to 10 content carousels (print and/or digital)
- Link to library catalog and search filters
- Link to events calendar program
- Link content (video clips, pictures/images, RSS feeds, pdf documents, etc.)
- Re-order menu options and/or create sub-menus
- Link to social media platforms
- Schedule content for specific duration (perfect for a user satisfaction survey!)
- Toggle on specific languages (28 currently available) to be made available to your users
The Library App has a unique consortium feature that is essentially an app within an app. The consortium is the primary account holder and the app would be branded as the consortium and searchable as such from within the Apple and Google Play stores. All or some consortia member libraries could have a member library template for a lesser fee than the cost of a full app exclusively for them.
Are you ready to mobilize your mobile channel?
Each community is different based on demographics, economic activity, population growth vs. decline, etc. but one thing is for certain, that mobile usage is on the rise in the majority of communities. What does this mean for portraying your library’s resources and services? At which point will it make sense to pay more attention to your mobile presence vs. your desktop/web-site presence? Be where your users are and allow your patrons to interact with the Library 24/7/365.